New Feature Requests

Coordinator
Jun 27, 2012 at 10:39 PM

To get everyone involved, please describe the features/functions you'd like included in this project.

Coordinator
Jun 27, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I was asked if this module will do any of the following things:  Run the Bes Remove utility, and/or Deploy a Client or Relay. 

At present, no but it is now on the to-do list.

Jul 18, 2012 at 4:37 AM

I have to prepare reports comparing TEM data with AD and other in house databases. A get-TEMReport cmdlet would be great.

Jun 2, 2015 at 12:22 PM
I am in the exact same position as Wayne. A tool to automate reporting would be great. Something that allows us to export a specified collection into a .csv and run a compare-object to AD would be super awesome.
Jul 19, 2016 at 2:39 PM
Edited Jul 19, 2016 at 3:26 PM
Hello, for feature request:
  1. Method of having the client evaluate specific analysis properties or relevance. This is opposed to doing a force refresh on the console to reevaluate everything.
    This would help to check the relevance after patching or applying a fixlet or task to ensure the fixlet was applied as opposed to waiting for the console to update. This would be similar to running the debugger on the targeted hosts client.
For example, (client powershell)
bigfixpowershell -host somemachinewithclient -relevance "relevance" -actionscript "actionscript"
*** this would be like using the fixlet debugger on some machine, nice to have same output as debugger.
bigfixpowershell -host somemachinewithclient -fixletID fixletID -taskID taskID -analysisID analysisID
*** this would be like evaluating a fixlet or task relevance. Would be nice to see output that shows which relevance failed for fixlet or task. Also may help with troublshooting clients not evaluating all analysis for unknown reasons. See last paragraph. This would also help with getting results of patching quicker as opposed to waiting for the console or web reports to update.

Currently I know there is a test-client commandlet but it would be nice to see output with what was tested (sites) if desired, iow, more verbose test output. We have problems with some clients that seem to behave correctly on the console, last report time updates fine, but for some reason, wouldn't evaluate all analysis properties that are relevant for some reason.